Wednesday 9 January 2008

Welcome to the Year of the Rat!

2008 - The Year of the Rat. Like 1996, 1984 and so on. Why bother about some Rats? Well, you probably don't need to. But I do - I am a Rat.
I was born in 1984, so that year is quite important for me, isn't it. Funny, though, I don't remember any other extraordinary things happening that year - alas, I don't remember anything from that year.
In 1996, my dearest was born, and my parents finally allowed me to have a dog. That year positively changed my life. Through my dog, I have lived a life full of love, action and fun. Now that he's getting on for twelve, I start to fear what great change will this Year of the Rat bring into my life.
But enought of serious thoughts! This year is MY year! Perhaps I will find a true love. Pity I don't believe in love... Perhaps I will become idependent - finally...

UPDATE: As it seems, 2008 really was a breakthrough kind of year.
Love found - check! (We have been living together for the past years and are planning a wedding now.)
Wonderful memories - check! I mean, check out our trip to London!
Independence - check! I became officially self-employed.
Also, health issues - mononucleosis! But I got better.
So yes, now I believe these twelve-year cycles DO work.

No comments: